Saturday, June 28, 2008

Drainin' jams in the night in spite of the day. Wasted way too long I wait for a call but don't answer, 'cause tonite I'm a dancer. The cancer the past is gone, but it all comes back when I'm here. In the stillness there's still this illness that kills this mood, and the silence in spite of this I miss what was there.

Do you still care?

'Cause I do.

True, but whatever I hear it's clear that there's never 'eventually it'll all disappear.' In what seems to be dreams will be all will be real and a day won't come that you can't see the sun 'cause it's shrouded by clouds of despair.

Under sheets of devotion I carry one notion that fading in light deep through this night I can only hold one person true. But that one is long gone, hangs still in this song over days, over months, over years.

As the sun peeks up over mountains ablaze you can only hold hands for so long. Under covers if careful trust and persuasion turn my head to my pillow and wake up from below this new day and on with the show.

No comments: